How to fix vipre error 1722: ‘There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package’ during installation/uninstallation?
The Vipre error 1722 usually occurs in between the installation process. This error can usually be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling Vipre on your device.
The two ways for uninstalling Vipre antivirus and fix Vipre error 1722:
- The first one, if VIPRE is available under installed Programs Features (or Add and Remove Programs), attempt to remove it completely.
- Second, if VIPRE is available under installed Programs Features (or Add and Remove Programs), try running MS Fixit to remove it.
Below are the steps on how to run this tool
- Click the green Run Now button on the site linked above
- Run the downloaded program
- Click the Accept button
- Microsoft FixIt will scan the machine for Windows Install and Uninstall issues. Select Detect problems and let me select fixes to apply
- Select Uninstalling
- Select VIPRE from the programs list and click Next
- Select Yes, try to uninstall
- Put a check on all box listed and click Next
- You will get a result status notifying you that the process succeeded
- Select one of the feedback options and click Next
- Click the close button. VIPRE is now removed from your system
What next after you have uninstalled Vipre?
You need to reinstall Vipre on your device and the issue will be fixed. You can follow steps here to reinstall vipre.